Visiting Italy isn’t complete without visiting the city of Lugano right across country border. Lugano, Switzerland is mix of Swiss-Mediterranean culture with a twist of Walking the city streets, you would be in awe of the well-structured Bavarian-Italian architecture. You’ll also find that Lugano beautifully sits close to Lake Lugano. The Lugano Region is unlike anything else in the world. Visiting during the fall months offers a warm scenic look, offering a robust lake life, food, wine, and laid back, progressive culture.
Quick Facts about Lugano:
- Region: Ticino
- Province: Lugano
- Located: Switzerland
- Destination: Mountain Town
- Language: German, Italian, Romansh
- Currency: Euro
- Best Known For: Mountain views, outlet malls and perfect weather
- Where the Money Is: After Zurich and Geneva, Lugano is Switzerland’s third most important financial center and home to all the casinos, restaurants, and boutiques.
- Fun in the Sun: Despite its locations in the mountains, Lugano is warm year round with palms, subtropical plants and flowers, warm lakes, and lots of sun.
Read More: Strangers on Benches in Switzerland
…total wellness. If you’re looking for a chance to unwind and relax this spa town is just the spot for you. Splash and Spa Tamaro says it all. One half water park, one half soothing spa and sauna. Pamper yourself with thermal waters, hammams and massages.
…Monte Bre. Take the furnicular up to the summit of Mount Bre to experience the sunniest spot in Switzerland.